Time management is becoming increasingly important in today’s business world. In this article, we will take a look at some time management tips for work, work productivity tips, working from home tips and the time management tools offered by Sinnaps project planning software.
Time Management Tips
Time management is all about organisation and balance. The following are some very effective time management tips that you should consider to help manage your time better:
- Set and know your goals. Make sure that everything you are working on is helping you to achieve your goals. This is important to avoid wasting time. Sinnaps allows you to plan out your work and goals on a modern version of the Gantt chart.
- Before each week begins, make sure to prioritise your work ranging from most important to least important tasks. Sinnaps automatically calculates the critical path of your work so that you know which tasks are the most important to complete.
How to prioritise and meet Deadlines
- Remember that you can say no to plans that may hinder the tasks you need to complete.
- Planning ahead is one of the most important time management tips and this can be done effectively with Sinnaps project management software.
- Eliminate any distractions around you, whether it is a television, your phone or loud noises.
- One of the best time organization tips for work is that you can and should delegate tasks to other people more often, especially if you are feeling overloaded with work. With Sinnaps, you can easily delegate tasks to team members while also being able to keep track of their progress.
- Don’t forget to look after yourself, as this will help you to better manage your time.
Productivity is essential to understand and encourage. It is what helps you to get your work done. The following are some useful work productivity tips to help you increase your productivity levels:
- Set your goals clearly and revisit them every day to determine your progress. This can be done with the help of Sinnaps and its automatic updates on work progress.
- One of the most useful work productivity tips is to make sure that your working space is clean and organised, because a cluttered space leads to a cluttered mind!
- Set yourself a routine and stick to it. Allocate different times in the day for different activities, take your break at the same time, allocate time for yourself and get into the rhythm of completing the most complex tasks earlier in the day.
- The earlier you wake up in the day the more time you will have to get things done, meaning that your day will be more productive.
- Don’t say yes to everything. Plan your work and if you see that you are short on time, don’t be afraid to say no. You can use The Einsenhower Box.
- Exercise has the potential to greatly increase your productivity and is one of the best productivity tips given by professionals. Try to work out in some way at least once a day even if it’s just a brisk walk to help get your blood flowing and increase oxygen levels in your body.
- Stay hydrated! When you’re dehydrated you are not productive as you feel weaker and more tired.
- Work in blocks and take breaks in between. For example, work for 90 mines and then take a fifteen-minute break to refresh and regain energy.
- If you have a long work commute on the train or bus, try using this time to get some work started. This will help to make your day more productive.
Working from Home Tips
Many people work from home today thanks to more flexibility in organisations and technology. If you work from home, the following work efficiency tips will come in handy:
- Set a routine and stick to it. Start your day early and don’t leave everything until last minute.
- When you wake up, get ready work as if you are going into the office.
- Many working in an office tips will tell you to have a structure to your day. This is equally applicable to working from home tips.
- Have a dedicated work space and try not to work randomly all over the house.
- Use a project planning tool such as Sinnaps to see your goals and to plan how you will reach them This will help you to keep on track.
- Get out of the house for a break every once in a while to refresh your mind and body.
- Use technology to your advantage in terms of staying connected, researching and planning your work. This is one of the most important working from home tips.
- Play music at a low volume in the background if it helps to keep you concentrated.
Overall, time management and work productivity are critical issues and we went over some of the most effective time management tips and work productivity tips.
Sinnaps project management software can undoubtedly help you to organise your time effectively and increase you and your team’s productivity levels. Try it out for yourself today and let us know what you think! 🙂