Productivity refers to the efficient use of resources, labour, capital, land, materials, energy and information in the production of various goods and services. Higher productivity means accomplishing more and is therefore important to effective and successful businesses. In this article we will take a look at how to be productive at home if you work from home, how to be more productive and efficient at work and how to increase productivity in the workplace with Sinnaps, the project management software.
How to Improve Productivity
The following are a few tips on how to improve efficiency at work and examples of productive things to do at home:
- Take a break every once in a while and refresh.
- Set a timer for each of your tasks.
- Eliminate any distractions.
- If music doesn’t distract you, it can be helpful to have it in the background at a low volume to up your spirits.
- Do what you love and love what you do, as doing something that does not interest you will be difficult to do efficiently.
- Improve work efficiency by completing the most dreaded tasks first thing in the morning when you have more energy.
How to be Productive at Work
Productive employees are invaluable to businesses and the following are some suggestions as to how to become more productive in the workplace:
- Tackle tougher tasks first: Set schedules don’t work for everyone and luckily in today’s working environment there is often more flexibility to choose what you do and when, meaning that you can do the harder tasks first, preferably in the morning when most people have more energy and are more alert. The mornings are your productive time.
- Schedule administration tasks: E-mails, calls and other administrative tasks can take all day and can act as a distraction from the actual work you need to do. Scheduling administrative task time is just one of the ways to improve productivity and efficiency in the workplace. Interruptions mean recovery time and this can take away from time spent doing work, which means that allocating time to administrative tasks rather than doing them throughout the day is more efficient.
- Take breaks at regular intervals: No one can work productively constantly without taking breaks and refreshing your mind and energy. Research shows that working for 90 minutes and then taking a 15-minute break by taking a walk, having a coffee or chatting to colleagues or friends is the best way in terms of how to become more productive.
- Stop multitasking: A lot of neuroscience research shows that multitasking in a productive manner is close to impossible. It is important to plan and organise your work and to then focus on one thing at a time. This is something that Sinnaps understands in terms of how to be efficient and offers clear and easy-to-follow planning for your work.
How to Stimulate High Productivity in Employees
If you are wondering about how to improve productivity in an organization, the following tips can help you to how to increase productivity of employees in your business or project team:
- Don’t be Afraid to Delegate
In any business or project there are many tasks and jobs to get done. You may want to take them on all yourself to ensure that they are done correctly, however this is very inefficient and it is important to delegate work. This can be done effectively and efficiently with Sinnaps project management tool that allows you to delegate and keep track of work done in your projects.
- Match Tasks to Skills
Before delegating tasks to employees and team members, know what their skills are so that you can delegate work more effectively.
- Communicate Effectively
Clear and consistent communication is essential to productivity in the workplace. If you’re wondering how to improve productivity at work, effective communication id your answer. Sinnaps has a number of tools to help improve communication in your organisation or work team such as the project wall, live in-chat features and weekly progress updates.
- Keep Goals Clear
If employees or team members are kept aware of what needs to be done and when, their productivity is likely to increase as they are informed. This is where easy-to-follow and accessible project management software such as Sinnaps come into play offering clear and effective project planning that highlights the critical path of your workflows and keeps everyone involved up to date.
If you’re wondering how to increase productivity in business, one of the best things to do is to give employees a reason to be productive in their work by offering recognition in the form of rewards, monetary or non-monetary and consistent positive feedback which will make them feel valued and that their hard work is being recognised.
- Cut Out any Excess
Overloading your team with work can increase stress and pressure and decrease productivity levels. It is important to keep track of what you have tasked your employees with to make sure you haven’t given them too much work. Sinnaps offers specific tools to measure the workload of each of your team members so that you can make sure they can work at their most productive levels.
- Embrace Telecommuting
Tips on how to become productive often include mentions of productivity for work, but outside of work. Increasingly more people are working from home or from decentralised locations all over the world. For this reason, it is important to have one platform, such as Sinnaps where the work carried out can be centralised and accessed from anywhere in the world at any time.
How to Have a Productive Day
If you want to know how to stay productive, the following routines are useful to practice and to include in your daily routine:
- Prepare the night before so that you are not rushing in the morning and can get some extra sleep 😉
- Lemon water can boost your energy levels and help to increase your productivity.
- Avoid constantly checking your social media accounts. You can use specific programmes to block their access for a period of time.
- Have breakfast to help set you up for a productive day.
- Exercising before work has been proven to increase energy levels, improve blood flow and to greatly increase productivity levels.
Overall, productivity is very important to stimulate in an organisation. We have taken at look at how to improve employee productivity, tips for you in terms of how to improve productivity in the workplace and how to stay productive with the help of Sinnaps. Try it for yourself today!
What is a critical path and how does it help us to meet deadlines? If you don’t want to risk your project’s deadline, you can find out how Sinnaps detects the critical paths of you work flows so that your objectives can be met on time 😀
We love hearing your opinion and helping you in any way we can. Be sure to give this article a like if you enjoyed it and feel free to leave a comment with any questions or opinions that you have! 😊