Every organization is in business to fulfill its goals and objectives. The process of fulfilling organizational goals is enhanced through effective business productivity management. It places a huge premium on the productivity of the organization, how it uses resources such as equipment, human capital, land, and other resources to produce output (products and services).
Productivity is a vital factor in the production performance of organizations, hence it is imperative for business organizations to attach great importance to business productivity management. To achieve being productive, it’s important to know some factors affecting productivity.
Productivity management is the process of managing the productivity of an organization. Productivity is defined as the overall efficiency and output of the operating system of an organization. Productivity management is a measure of how organizations efficiently and effectively use their resources to accomplish their objectives in terms of quality and quantity.
Also, it is an index that measures output (goods and services) relative to the input (labor, materials, and energy) used in producing the output. Productivity management serves as a guide for business managers on how organizational productivity can be improved.
Furthermore, it will enable business organizations to identify the problems related to the productivity of their organizations and mastermind the appropriate methods of solving the problems. Also, it can be used as a concept to monitor productivity for strategic reasons such as corporate planning, improvement of organization or comparison to business competitors.
Sinnaps, online project management tool is a tool that will enhance the productivity management of your organization. It is very easy to use and it will allow you to plan and utilize the resources at the disposal of your organization in a way that will promote optimum productivity.
Agile Sprint Methodology
Business productivity is the measure of the efficiency of production. It is how well an organization is able to convert its inputs into the desired goods and services or output that will solve the needs of the customers. No doubt, when a business is very productive, the business will be profitable. The following factors affect business productivity;
- Choosing the right equipment: this will help business in reducing the risk of costly errors and improve the ways business’ operations are carried out. A good example of the right equipment is Sinnaps.
- Reviewing the existing setup in business: carefully appraise your overall production process and identify what can be improved upon. By doing this, the productivity of the business will be enhanced.
- Strive to implement a continuous improvement plan: organizations should be committed to improving their productivity; they should consider it as an ongoing activity. This can be done by assessing the competitors in the industry and determine the strategies to beat the competition.
Productivity growth is an increase in the value of outputs produced from inputs over a given period of time. In an organization, productivity growth means more value is added in production and it will result in more income for the organization.
Productivity growth is very crucial to the organization because it is a sign that they can meet their obligations to their workers, shareholders, and government in the payment of taxes and still remain competitive in the business sector.
Without a doubt, the desire of every organization is to attain high productivity in their operations. High productivity is producing a large amount of output with little input. High productivity will lead to more profits for organizations. In essence, high productivity will enable an organization to be above its competitors. It is essential for every business organization to practice the total production management of their resources in order to ensure their productivity.
Furthermore, it is vital for organizations to guard against low productivity in their operations. Low productivity in the organization can be referred to as a condition where workers complete task, processes, production or sales inefficiently. Low productivity is a bad omen for any business enterprise; it has negative impacts on the business and the profitability of the organization.
In business productivity management, time management at work is very important because productivity is a measure of how much work is executed in a given period of time. The more work the workers are able to do over a certain period of time will determine how productive the workers are and how productive the organization is.
In order to get more work done and attain more productivity in every organization, good time management skills must be practiced in the workplace by the workers. Organizations can embrace the use of a tool like Sinnaps to achieve high productivity in their operation because it will allow effective collaboration among the workforce of your organization.
The types of productivity are the following:
- Capital productivity: capital productivity is the ratio of output to the input of the physical capital.
- Material productivity: it is the ratio of output to the input of materials.
- Total factor productivity: it is the measure that captures every other thing that is not captured in other types of productivity. These include changes in general knowledge, the use of specific organizational structures and management techniques.
In reality, productivity is not limited to only organizations; individuals too can embrace the measurement of their personal productivity. Personal productivity is the process of completing the needed actions that will move you closer to attaining your goals in a manner that will bring balance and comfort into your life. Furthermore, office productivity can be enhanced through the following practices:
- Always start with what matters: this entails doing the right things that will contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Set maker time: this will promote the effective utilization of time in the office.
- Avoid distractions
- Use of the appropriate team communication channels
- Be brave to say NO: you must develop the habit of turning down an extra request from your co-workers in the office.
- Time-box your task: this involves setting mini-deadlines to ensure that you are able to allocate time to each task.
- Guard against unnecessary meeting
- Embrace daily stand-up meeting to save time.
- Always take time to relax to prevent stress.
In achieving construction productivity, inefficiencies like schedule slip and project expansion should be avoided in construction projects. With construction productivity, projects will be completed faster and at a reduced cost.
Also, it will enable the construction contractors to bid more competitively and it will result in the overall construction project being more profitable. Industrial productivity can be defined as the efficiency in industrial production in relation to output per input. Moreover, the way the workers are managed in an organization will determine their productivity level.
Workforce productivity can be effectively enhanced through proper staff management.
How to Manage Staff
Good management practices will enable you to get the best out of your workforce. The following practices will help you in managing your staff effectively:
- Be consistent
- Focus on clarity and accuracy in your communication with your workforce.
- Endeavor to set the goal of working as a team among your workers.
- Embrace public reward and recognition of hard work.
- Be a great example to your workforce
- Be transparent in dealing with your workforce
- Be open to opinions and ideas from your workforce.
- Always listen and ask questions from your workforce.
No doubt, workforce productivity is enhanced with the use of the right working tools such as Sinnaps. As a tool, it will boost the productivity level of your workforce, it will aid effective planning, communication among team members, it can conveniently share the plans of your team among the various stakeholders, and it will assist you in stimulating different scenarios and budget them automatically to ensure that your organization attains the desired level of productivity.
Manage your teams’ resources and workload